Thursday, July 07, 2011

The box is open


Let's face it Jillian scares me, don't let that smile on the DVD box fool you...she is a tough cookie. I bought this video a long while ago and I had yet to open the box, cause I was scerrrd..but fear lost when my fear of not burning calories was bigger and WON the head battle. A calf injury forced my hand. Sooooooo I opened the box and finally started what I knew I needed to do..some strength training. I started this video this week, have done it twice and it kicks MY BUTT. I mean really..tonight while struggling in a plank position I had sweat dripping from my nose.
It will be a work in progress, I am a little short of the entire video..BUT I surprised myself with how much I could do. I can for sure get stronger through all the circuits but hey I'm doing mountain climbers for heavens sake, and these crazy plank/hold.. oblique twist thingys, I KNOW last summer that wasn't happening!
Here is what I am looking forward to with this added dimension to my fitness program;

muscle and core strength that I believe will make me a stronger runner
loss of more inches in more places
flexibility
continued weight loss

So here we go....




No comments: