Sunday, May 29, 2011

There are milestones and I noticed one recently in my mindset about health and well being.
There was a time, most of my life actually, if there was an excuse to {not} exercise I would take it...didn't take much to give me a reason not to exercise.
Recently a couple of experiences told me my mind set had changed.
1) rain ...I headed out to run in a drizzle. It certainly would be safe to say that a light drizzle would have kept me in doors and totally justified not to exercise. But as I was running the rain began coming harder and harder. I had water running of the end of my noise but I was determined to finish a certain amount of time in spite of the rain. I did draw the line at thunder and lightening with fear of actually dying out there!
2) Time....It certainly would be safe to say that a schedule conflict would have kept me from exercise. But recently I found myself making the decision to head out for a run when I only had 1 1/2 hours between getting home and a dinner engagement. I ran, showered and had a perfectly lovely dinner.
I like that I am increasingly less likely to want to make excuses to exercise. Not because my will power has gotten stronger but because there has been a shift in my mind. I have said before that I am aware that this is all a head game for me. So it stands to reason that if my{head} is in a different place then there will be change in my actions and reactions. I have grown accustomed to how good I feel when I am moving and how moving removes the power food has over me. I actually think about food and exercise less than ever before BUT am managing my weight and fitness better than ever before. Funny how that works out.








No comments: