Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gandhi said

"Poverty is the worst form of Violence"




Don’t ask: “Why does God allow this to happen?”

Pray: “God… give me the wisdom and strength to do what I must to stop this from happening?”


This image chills me to my soul. Life has shown me that this is real, it not a dramatization or an exaggeration. It has also shown me that children die from poverty and they die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and conscience of the world.
They die as mothers watch and are helpless to help. They die because they were born poor in countries of no resource.

Should this life position mean this harsh reality? I would say no.

One thing I know is that God did not make a mistake and create too many people and not enough stuff. The problem is there are far too many of us taking and keeping more than we should, using and wasting more natural resources at the expense of others. The reality is we are responsible and need to remember what we all learned in the sandbox "You have to share"



No comments: