Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cooking Magazines....

I love them, they don't pile up like they use to, how ever I do seem to attract them. It is usually one the first things I do in Houston airport. I go to the closest news stand and by Food Network, Martha Stewart, Cooking Light and Runner's World. The runner's world makes me feel like not such a nerd.

I scour every page, check the recipes for ingredients to determine if could make it in Honduras, I ooh and ahhhh and love every
page! I usually read through them more than once. I make note of the recipes I think I might like to try ....However they eventually end up in a basket, and there they stay. After time I can't remember what I wanted in each one, and I really do not want to go back through all of them trying to remember so they stay in the basket....

About 6, 8 10 oh, I don't know how many years ago, I started a binder of ideas from christmas magazines. I would pull the pages of decorating, table settings, recipes, gift wrapping ideas I liked and I put them in plastic sheet protectors in a binder. My theory was to take what I liked so I would remember but not have mounds of magazines, (which are mostly adds anyway..sorry pet peeve). See the thing is I am waayyy to OCD to tear them out and just fold them up and stick them in my recipe box..oh my no..um nope! So I started a binder! I have a Thanksgiving section and a Christmas section..I KNOW I AM SUCH A NERD!!! Everything is easy to see, easy to use. And the best thing... all NEAT and in one place and no more piles of magazines!

So I recently decided to do the same with "rest of the year" magazines.
Maybe this will help you, or all you get from this is a deeper look at my nerdy self. But, all I can say is my daughter use to laugh at my holiday binder, YEP NOW SHE HAS ONE TOO!!!












The Front (just liked this pic, reminds me of home)












Glimpses of the inside


No comments: