Sunday, May 08, 2011

HOW'S THE RUNNING...

It's going good, thank you for asking.

So lately I have been noticing that toward the end of my runs my back begins at ache. It is not pain just a dull ache. I guess I should put into practice what I have been reading, strength training really should go hand in hand with running. So adding sit ups to my exercise routine will begin this week. Core training seems to be essential to running. I was kinda hoping that everything would just spring into shape "from" running however that apparently is not how it works. I just can't seem to catch a break for heaven's sake.






4 comments:

Krista said...

Lori, I know what you mean. I often wish this body would take care of itself with no effort on my part. Unfortunately as you said it doesn't work that way.Good for you for working so hard.

elizabeth ann said...

YES! strength training is SO important. love you, hondo mom.

Kara Newby said...

I have been thinking about your comments the past couple of days, and while I agree that strength training is important, you should also not sell yourself short on the running and cardio you are doing. So many people think that if they just do enough crunches their belly will go away- but really you have to have both- cardio and strength training to work any area of your body. You are doing such a good job and treating your body well! Keep it up! Love you!

Shane and Hope said...

Oh no! I had thought the same thing. I don't want to do more that run. I'm having a hard enough time fitting that into my week. Hope