Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Water.....

.........Don't waste it.

Living in Honduras has taught me that. Human nature I guess, but until water is an issue for [me] like I might not have any, I don't really give it much thought. But once it affects ME well then, that is a different story.

This past week our cistern got really low..it is dry season and water is restricted. Not in the sense you can't water your yard, but in the sense you might not have water to bathe, flush your toilet, do laundry etc...
It is times like these that have made me become so aware of every drop of water I use.

An American taking a five-minute shower uses more water than a typical person in a developing country uses in a whole day.

Water is life. It is a natural recourse we take for granted.

In just one day, more than 200 million hours of women’s time is consumed for the most basic of human needs — collecting water for domestic use.

Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a water-related disease.

Billions of people need water, let's find ways to conserve and reduce our water use.

No comments: